The Massachusetts Civil Service Commission hears appeals from public employees who are under the protection of civil service laws. Most of the decisions cover disciplinary actions or bypass appeals involving public safety professions. There are also numerous job classification appeals and other matters covering an employee's civil service status and rights.
The Massachusetts Civil Service Commission Reporter
is an essential source of information for unions, public safety officials, municipal officials, and employment attorneys.
- Published bi-monthly in paper format
- Includes unlimited and FREE access to our searchable online case database from 1993-present
- Indispensable subject matter indices for your research
- Exclusive commentary by noted civil service and union attorneys. These include Philip Collins, Melissa Murray, Michael E. Williams and Richard Waring
- Special offers for first-time subscribers
- Special offer for police and fire chiefs
- Standalone cumulative index volumes are compiled every five years - available for purchase separately for your convenience
Editor's Tip: You may also be interested in our reporters covering the MCAD
and Massachusetts employment law